How can we help?

Documents and Forms

HR resources

Can I appeal the employee headcount applied to my business?

If you disagree with the employee headcount we apply to your business, we can review your account and issue a new determination. You can request that we review your account by contacting us and providing any additional information to support your request. Contact us at or (833) 717-2273.

If you do not agree with the revised decision, you can file an appeal.

What if I disagree with my employee’s application for leave?

You have 18 days to contest an employee’s claim after receiving notice that they applied for Paid Family and Medical Leave. Examples of why you may contest a claim: if you feel the employee is not qualified to take the benefit or if they did not give you proper notice. We will not hold up payment of benefits during the contest period. You will also get another notice starting whether the employee’s leave has been approved or denied for benefits.