What kind of documentation will I need to provide?

We require documentation that proves you experienced an event that qualifies you to take paid leave. The types of documentation you’ll need depend on the reason you’re requesting leave, but generally:

  • For medical leave for yourself, or family leave to care for someone else during their serious illness or after an injury, you will need the patient’s healthcare provider to complete our Certification of Serious Health Condition form and then you will upload it during the application process.
  • For family leave related to a covered military deployment, event or activity, you’ll need to provide documentation like active duty orders.