Our goal is to process all applications as quickly as possible.
• If you applied before June 1, 2020, it may take up to ten weeks to process your application. However, if you applied before June 1, 2020 and have been waiting longer than 6 weeks, please call our Customer Care Team at 833-717-2273. Our specialists are available Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
• If you applied after June 1, we estimate your application will take 2 weeks to review. Applications that are missing information or are complex will take us longer to process than complete or less complex applications. Our priority is to process all applications as quickly as possible, which means that we do not review applications in the exact order received.
Why do some applications take longer to process than others?
• If there is missing documentation, like a medical certification or proof of identity documents.
• There are missing hours or wages in our system. This usually happens if we are missing information from your current or former employers about your work history.
• If we are reaching out but can’t get a hold of you or your employer for more information. We have every available resource dedicated to processing applications. Staff from across our agency are pitching in and working overtime, and we’re hiring additional staff and streamlining and simplifying application review as much as possible.
Keep in mind that once your application is approved, you will be able to file weekly claims and get paid for each week of your approved leave. That means you’ll be able to submit weekly claims retroactively and receive your back pay.
You’re counting on these benefits and we know waiting while we process your application may cause hardship.
A process to request accelerated application review for those who meet certain criteria is available.
Learn more about the process on the hardship page.
How you can help
Our Customer Care Specialists answer questions over the phone and through email, review applications and process weekly claims. There are two things you can do to help them process applications faster and reduce call wait times for everyone.
1. Ensure your application is complete
Incomplete applications take longer to process, so please make sure your application is complete.
2. Explore the website
You can find answers to most of the questions we’re hearing on the phones and in emails on our website, and we regularly update the technical support and more answers pages with the latest frequently asked questions. Before reaching out, please explore our site and see if the answer you need is here.
Finding the answers you need
Our website has detailed information that can help you:
- Know what to expect after you’ve applied.
- Check your application status.
- File weekly claims.
- Estimate your weekly benefit amount.
- Find answers to more frequently asked questions.
We know there are some questions our website can’t answer, and we welcome your calls on personal details related to your application.
Where do we go from here?
We’re honored and grateful to be building the best Paid Family and Medical Leave program in the nation, and we thank you for being one of the first people to apply. We’re learning more each day about the need for this program and its capacity to change people’s lives, and we are committed to working as hard as we can to improve our processes and make Paid Leave benefits accessible to everyone.