How to use SecureAccess Washington (SAW)
Like most Washington state agencies, Paid Family and Medical Leave uses SecureAccess Washington (SAW) to manage access to customer accounts. Before you can establish a Paid Family and Medical Leave benefit account, you will need an active SAW account and you will need to add Paid Family and Medical Leave to your SAW service.
Log-in to your SAW account at secureaccess.wa.gov, select “Add A New Service,” then:
- Select “I would like to browse a list of service.”
- Scroll through the list to “Employment Security Department” and select “Paid Family and Medical Leave” from the drop-down menu.
- When you see the confirmation screen that lets you know the service has been added to your list, click “OK”, then select “Paid Family and Medical Leave” from your list of services to access your account.
Employer log in
Worker log in
Three things you need to know before you apply
- All applications require proof of identity documents, like a copy of your driver license or passport.
- Applications for medical leave or leave to care for a family member with a serious health condition require medical certification from a healthcare provider.
- Need help applying? Call volumes are high right now, so before you call please review the video tutorials and FAQs on the Technical Support page.
Visit the Technical Support page for tutorial videos and answers to frequently asked questions about Paid Leave accounts.