How can we help?

Documents and Forms

Reporting and paying premiums

Where can I pay premiums?

Log in here to file your quarterly report and pay your premiums.

Reporting overview video and webinar

VIDEO: Employer reporting overview. Watch this video for quick, helpful tips on filing your quarterly reports and making payments.

WEBINAR: Employer overview of Paid Family and Medical Leave. This webinar gives employers a general understanding of how Paid Family and Medical Leave works and how to make payments.

When do employers report and remit premiums?

You are required to report your employees’ wages and hours and pay premiums on a quarterly basis—unless you had no payroll expenses during that quarter. Here’s when to submit your reports and payments:

Report & Payment Due: April 30
Q1: January, February, March
Report & Payment Due: July 31
Q2: April, May, June
Report & Payment Due: October 31
Q3: July, August, September
Report & Payment Due: January 31
Q4: October, November, December

What information do employers report?

How do employers submit reports?

Once you’ve created an employer account, there are two options for submitting quarterly reports: manual entry or file upload.

Manual entry: You will manually enter the name, SSN or ITIN, hours worked and wages paid separately for each employee. You can do this for up to 50 employees. Watch the tutorial video for manually entering your reports in the system.

File upload: Watch the tutorial video for uploading your filing.

What hours and wages do I include when reporting?

  • Hours: Report the number of hours each employee works each quarter, rounded up to the nearest whole number. This includes paid time off (sick, vacation, etc.).
  • Wages: Report the gross wages without tips for each employee each quarter.
  • No payroll? No report. You do not have to file a report for quarters where you had no employee hours worked or wages.

Can I test my report before I upload it?

Before uploading your report, test your file to make sure you have included the appropriate information and that it is formatted as required.

Looking for instructions on creating your .CSV file? Download instructions here.

Test your file here.

How do I submit an amendment?

You will need to have full access to your account before you can file an amendment; amendments are not an option with limited access.

Learn more about the PIN verification process.

There are a couple of methods for submitting amendments, and they depend on how you initially reported.

Begin by selecting “Amend Wage Report” from the “Wage Reporting” dropdown list on the menu bar.

  1. Under “Prior Quarter Search,” select the year and quarter of the report you need to amend.
  2. In the “Search Results” table, locate the report and click the blue “Amend” link in the first column of the table.
  3. Under “Filing Methods”, select the filing method you would like to use for your amendment and click, “Next.” If you filed the initial report using manual entry, you can amend using either manual entry or CSV file upload. If you filed the initial report using file upload, you need to use file upload for your amendment.
  4. Submit your amendment; refer to the reporting instructions when needed.
  5. On the “Wage Detail Adjustment Reason Verification” page, use the dropdown menu to select the reason for your amendment.
    • Options include:
      • Employer and wages amended because of incorrectly reported wages or hours
      • Wages amended because employee(s) were mistakenly included/excluded
      • Employment and wages amended to correct computer system, data entry or accounting errors
      • SSN or name changed
      • Employment and wages amended as a result of an audit
      • Other
  6. Click “Next.” Note the confirmation number for your records. Click “Home” to return to your homepage.

I overpaid. When will I get a refund or credit?

If you overpay your premiums, you will see a credit balance on your account. You can use this amount to pay future premiums. If the amount is over $50, you can request a refund by contacting the Customer Care Team at or (833) 717-2273.

Why did my bank reject my ACH payment?

Your bank will reject the ACH payment if you entered incorrect payment information. Log into your account and submit your payment again with the correct information.

If the payment is returned for insufficient funds in the account, the department will charge a non-sufficient funds fee.

I made a payment, but my balance hasn’t updated. What should I do?

Payments can take several days to post to your account depending on your payment method. Some common reasons for delay include not enclosing the payment coupon when mailing your payment, postdating your payment to a date later in the month, or sending your Paid Family and Medical Leave payment to the Unemployment Insurance program. If it’s been more than a week since you made your payment and your balance isn’t updated, please contact the Customer Care Team at or (833) 717-2273.